DFW AIRPORT, Texas, March 7, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) is ramping up for what is expected to be the busiest spring break travel season ever for DFW. This year, spring break is anticipated to bring more than 3 million travelers to the Airport, an increase of 2.7% over last year. Visitors traveling through DFW from March 3 through March 21 can look forward to excitement and fun including a promotional parking giveaway.
To kick off the spring travel season, the first 1000 vehicles that entered DFW parking plazas today through specially marked ticket only lanes with the sign "Spring Break," were offered up to seven (7) free days of Terminal Parking. The promotion will occur again on Monday, March 14, beginning at 5:00 a.m. A total of 2,000 parking vouchers will be given out, and vouchers will be valid through 11:59 p.m. on March 21.
March also marks the first full month of availability for DFW's new Apple Watch app, after becoming the first U.S. airport to support the Apple Watch platform. Additionally, the groundbreaking DFW Mobile App offers many new, improved features since it launched in November 2015, including flight notifications and being available in six additional languages, including Korean, Portuguese, Japanese, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese. Other new DFW Mobile App features include news and weather alerts on the home screen, enhanced flight search with autocomplete functionality, improved parking information, activity suggestions for flight delays, Skylink locators, and social media connectors.
"With spring break now upon us, we wanted to make sure customers have a smooth and enjoyable travel experience through DFW Airport," said Ken Buchanan, executive Vice President of Revenue Management for DFW Airport. "We are the first U.S. airport to introduce an Apple Watch app and have made significant updates to the Mobile App to provide customers with real-time information tailored to their particular journey. We are also providing free parking and the opportunity to travel healthy and enjoy a free smoothie in all the terminals every Friday. We want to make traveling through DFW convenient and more stress-free. We encourage travelers to have fun during their time with us, too. That is what spring break is all about."
The Airport is offering free smoothies in all terminals every Friday in March. The Airport is also encouraging customers to share their experiences on social media using the hashtag #dfwspringbreak.
Other recent offerings include the grand opening of a new section for Terminal B, which includes new gates for B4 - B11, two new terminal entryways with elevator access, new baggage claims at B4 and B5, redesigned airline ticketing areas, enhanced security checkpoint, and the reopening of the adjacent Terminal Parking garage with 1,800 additional parking spaces.
To ensure a stress-free and joyful travel experience, DFW is offering the following spring break travel tips:
- Download the DFW Airport Mobile App to access tailored information for your particular journey through DFW, including intuitive wayfinding functionalities, interactive maps, custom flight information, and simple yet powerful search capabilities. The DFW Airport Mobile App is available as a free download for Apple Watch, Apple iOS (iTunes) and Android (Google Play Store) mobile devices including smartphones and tablets.
- Leave early and arrive at least two hours before your departure time to ensure ample time to park, check-in, clear security, and arrive at your departure gate. This will enable a stress-free travel experience and allow time to explore the shopping, dining and services at DFW. This is especially important for customers with flights in Terminal E, which is undergoing roadway and garage construction work.
- DFW Airport Parking is closer, faster and smarter for passengers originating from the Dallas Fort Worth region. With Valet, Terminal, Express and Remote Parking options available, DFW has a choice for every traveler. Learn more at www.DFWAirport.com/parking.
- Passengers can speed the security process by joining trusted traveler programs such as TSA Pre✓® or Global Entry, available from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, respectively. To enroll, visit www.TSA.gov or www.CBP.gov.
- Pack lightly and remember 3-1-1. Security rules require that liquids in carry-on bags should be in containers of no more than three ounces, packaged in a one-quart bag, with no more than one bag allowed per person.
- International travelers can speed their entry into DFW by downloading the Mobile Passport Control app from U.S. Customs and Border Protection, which allows users to enter their declaration information electronically and bypass the Customs waiting queues.
About Dallas Fort Worth International Airport:
Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport warmly welcomes more than 64 million customers along their journey every year, elevating DFW to a status as one of the most frequently visited superhub airports in the world. DFW Airport customers can choose among 153 domestic and 56 international nonstop destinations worldwide. DFW is elevating the customer experience with modernized facilities and updated amenities, as well as through a $2.7 billion Terminal Renewal and Improvement Program to renovate its four original terminal buildings. Centered between its owner cities of Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas, DFW Airport also serves as a major economic generator for the North Texas region, producing over $37 billion in economic impact each year by connecting people through business and leisure travel. For current information about DFW International Airport, visit the DFW Airport web site, download the Official DFW Airport Mobile App for mobile devices, or follow DFW on social media.
Follow Dallas Fort Worth International Airport On:
SOURCE DFW International Airport